Monday, May 14, 2018

Is Labyrinth Getting a Stage Adaptation?

This news is at least a month old, but to me it's new and that news is that the movie Labyrinth is returning to theaters and may get a stage adaptation
In an interview with Forbes writer Simon Thompson, Jim Henson’s son Brian Henson has also revealed that there is a stage adaption of Labyrinth in the works. “Not necessarily Broadway, it could be for London’s West End, but it will be a stage show, a big theatrical version,” he explained. “It’s very exciting.” Henson also discussed the long-awaited Labyrinth sequel. “We’re still excited about the idea of a sequel, we are working on something but nothing that’s close enough to say it’s about to be in pre-production or anything like that.”
 I saw this movie a time or two like a million years ago and it doesn't seem all that memorable to me. I don't really understand all of the love for this mediocre puppet movie but I have a feeling it's because of maudlin, overly dramatic David Bowie fans, as if there were a different kind. But hey whatever it's not my money. If someone wants to throw away millions of dollars making a play I'm never going to see more power to them I guess.