Thursday, June 7, 2018

Samantha Bee is Really Sorry You Guys

Samantha Bee returned to her show and "apologized" for calling Ivanka Trump a cunt.
A lot of people were offended and angry I used an epithet to describe the president’s daughter and adviser last week,” Bee said on her first show since the controversy.
“It is a word I have used on the show many times, hoping to reclaim it. This time I used it as an insult. I crossed the line, I regret it and I do apologize for that.”
Reclaim it? Aren't you insulted that she thinks you're so stupid? Personally I hate the word cunt. Not because it's vulgar (which it is) but because it's so lazy.  It's like calling someone a faggot or a nigger. Only a slow witted, unserious person looking to shock people would resort to using such words.  And no, I'm not using stars to replace letters i.e. c**t. Once again, if you can't look at words you need to grow the fuck up.

 Anyway, I hate the idea that there a lot of people alive today whose only source of news and opinion comes from comedy shows, SNL, and middling comedians.  The whole idea is baffling to me. I can sort of understand if your 18 or 20 years old because you're still pretty stupid then, but much beyond that you really should try something else. Read the Wall Street Journal, The Hill or even the Washington Post. ANYTHING else. Stop getting your brains turned to mush by these mildly (at best) amusing dullards.

Quite honestly, if anyone says to me "I heard it on The Daily Show and Samantha Bee " I actually think you're pretty stupid. And not in an insulting way, like, I think you're dumb and I sort of feel bad for you. Kind of like how you feel when you see a dog with three legs. "Oh the poor thing. Well, at least he's alive and happy!"

And no I don't think her show should be cancelled because she called someone a cunt. I think her show should be cancelled because she's not funny and her show is ridiculous.