Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Meghan Trainor is a Whiter Shade of Pale

Meghan Trainor reached peak upper middle class white girl by talking about her "mental health struggles".
after winning the Best New Artist Grammy, she was forced to have vocal cord surgery that left her fearing her voice would never be the same again.
 'I thought, It's over, I'm not going to sing ever again.'
When describing the crippling effect this had on her mental health, Meghan admitted: 'I went full dive into the dark zone of deep thoughts.'
Being upset over a surgery isn't really a long term "mental health" issue, but I'm no psychiatrist so maybe it is, who am I to say it isn't.  All this kind of thing does is give people with real problems a harder time of being taken seriously. It does absolutely mean you fit in I suppose. Kind of like how everyone had heartburn and lactose intolerance in the late 90's and early 2000s. It is 2020 now and I guess these kinds of things evolve into "mental health issues". Whatever, I haven't thought about her in probably five or six years, I'm not going to start now.