Friday, September 13, 2024

Katy Perry Keeps on Keepin' On


 Katy Perry performed at the MTV Video Music Awards which is a thing that I honestly didn't know still happened. And I swear I heard somewhere a couple of years ago that MTV was going off the air. I absolutely know I did. But maybe that's just that Mandela Effect everyone is always talking about. 

Katy Perry will be 40 in a few weeks, doesn't she feel silly? It's not as if she doesn't have money so she doesn't have to keep doing this like some kind of trained seal. She's performing mostly to an audience that isn't even old enough to buy cigarettes never mind beer, and a lot of them probably weren't even born yet or were barely alive when her first song was released. She's nearly twice the age of the latest flash in the pan Sabrina Carpenter. But I suppose if this is the only job you've ever known you just keep doing it, and age never really becomes a factor. If you meet a 60 year old welder you don't think, "Geez, aren't you a little old to be a welder?" no he's just a welder, that's what he does. 

And she's still married to Orlando Bloom although why she'd keep doing that is a mystery to me too. Maybe they're weird swingers or something and that keeps them going