Friday, April 20, 2018

Real or Fake You Decide

Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters (a band I hate more than I can describe) pulled this allegedly random kid out of a crowd in Austin Texas during a concert and handed him his guitar and the kid -- who was wearing KISS make up for some reason -- fucking killed. Is this real? There is no way this is real. I was in a band and I know how much work goes into getting this shit right. You don't just jump up on stage without rehearsal with a bunch of strangers and play like this. You might get away with that in some dive bar with a stage somewhere with a half drunk sound guy behind a four channel board, but not a professionally produced concert with a professional multi-platinum selling rock band, it just doesn't happen. Maybe professional musicians that do this day in and day out could after a quick run through during a soundcheck but even still... Pretty awesome and cool though if it's real. Still with today's apps and high speed internet I guess anything is possible.

!!!SEXY UPDATE!!!

Does this confirm my suspicions? Who knows.  In case you don't click the links the "kid's" name is Yayo Sanchez, he's a "guitarist for hire" that also happens to live in Austin Texas. How convenient for everyone involved since this is where this event took place. This isn't just some random kid from the audience. And that's fine, I guess it just seems somehow...dishonest.

!!!SEXY UPDATE 2!!! After giving this some thought I've decided this is 100% pure Grade A bullshit and just one more reason to continue hating The Foo Fighters

!!!SEXY UPDATE 3!!! Why is that guy wearing KISS make up to a Foo Fighters concert? I have friends that would actually wear KISS make up to a KISS concert and even they wouldn't do this. It doesn't make any sense at all. Unless this is some kind of festival where KISS was also playing but my limited search didn't point to that.  Could it be to give Dave Grohl a reason to pick some supposedly random person out of the audience? "Hey that guy stands out let me pick him to come on stage". Why do I keep updating this? Because I keep seeing it get spread around and after one or two viewings it should be obvious to even the most dimwitted person that this isn't "real". Why do you people fall for every single thing that gets posted on the internet. Because it was on Mashable? Because Reddit says so? What's it like to wander through life with zero natural curiosity?