Friday, August 17, 2018

Aretha Franklin Died

Aretha Franklin died yesterday at the age of 76. I wasn't a huge fan or anything, and there was this weird period in the early 90's where a lot of local area heavy metal bands did a version of "Chain of Fools". It was weird how they all got the same idea at the same time. Maybe because they were a bunch of mindless followers. I guess they thought it gave them some street cred or something I have no idea what they were thinking it was pretty ridiculous though. Especially since I hate that song. Of all the Aretha Franklin songs she recorded over 50 plus years they could choose from they all picked that one. Stupid assholes.

 Stephen Colbert also dedicated part of his show to Aretha Franklin but Stephen Colbert has never heard an Aretha Franklin song in his whole life so I don't know why. I guess he's a band wagon jumper too and wants people to think he's cool and hip. I hate to break this too him but it didn't help