Friday, August 24, 2018

Michelle Wolf was Cancelled

The Daily Beast says some people are upset that Michelle Wolf's Netflix show "The Break With Michelle Wolf" was cancelled. And everyone that lost their jobs found out on Twitter (haha)

“None of us can believe how classlessly Netflix has handled this,” a source connected to the show told The Daily Beast after the news broke, noting that the entire writing staff and even the showrunners found out they had been fired on Twitter.
 I don't know why it was cancelled after only 10 shows. I didn't even know this was a show. But then I don't have a Netflix account which I think would be an important part of knowing this show existed. Maybe it just wasn't very good. The writer of the linked story apparently feels that because Michelle Wolf is a woman, her show should be allowed to air in perpetuity regardless of the quality. He doesn't come right out and say that but I can read between the lines. I don't know whether she's funny or not and just because a couple of people out of 100 million subscribers laughed doesn't mean it's good. And as a general rule I usually despise stand up comics with a few notable exceptions so of course I may be the wrong guy to ask.

 Look, it's just another talk show man. Not everything has to be a fight. She'll get a new show somewhere, those people will get new jobs and that's the end of it. Why does everything always have to be this monumental fucking battle. Especially when it comes to shit like this. Nextflix is a business. If the show isn't working, it's not working. It's just a TV show. It was cancelled and you dopes will find another thing to stare at for 44 minutes every night.

!!!Sexy pre-posting update!!!

Deadline says...

In the end, sources say neither show drew enough viewership to secure a renewal. The Break and The Joel McHale Show followed Netflix’s first foray into the comedy talk show genre, Chelsea, which ran for two seasons.
Mystery solved.

!!!!SEXY PRE_POSTING UPDATE NUMBER II!!!!

I wrote this last Saturday and forgot to post it and I haven't read it since then and I won't read it again, so I make no guarantees about it's current accuracy