Thursday, January 26, 2023

Oh NOW I Understand

NOW I see why that six year old blog post about SOMEbody being stupid was deleted by Blogger...

 

"This is true. I didn't know until I was 40 years old that the sun and the moon were not the same thing," Handler said to laughter from host Jimmy Fallon and the audience, before joking: "It was shocking to me as well."

 

These people walk among us. Amazingly. You gotta hand it to her, admitting this out loud - even for laughs - is remarkable. I don't know who you'd hire to get all the stupid shit you've ever said scrubbed from the internet and I bet that isn't cheap either. But it's pretty much too late. It's out there and it's a tightrope. You don't want to trigger a Streisand Effect, so you have to be super super careful. 

I want you to keep the fact that this person didn't know the Sun and the Moon were different things the next time you want to listen to their sociopolitical recommendations . 

Jesus. I really need to work on that new .com address.