Friday, January 6, 2017

Charle's Will is Man's Son

Charles Manson has been hospitalized with a "serious illness". Good. I hope he dies. But this isn't a story about who I hope dies because who has time for that? Nobody. No, I wrote this simply to say it's been my theory for a long time that Charles Manson is probably one of the most famous people in the world. Mention the name Josh Duhamel to someone and most likely all you'll get in response is a blank stare. But I bet you could go to some far away land like Afghanistan, or Zimbabwe or maybe West Chicago, Illinois or whatever other Godforsaken hell hole you could think of and say "Charles Manson" and I bet they'll know immediately who you're talking about. Try it, prove me wrong. You can't. Think about it.

 Walk up to any stranger and ask if they know who Lena Dunham is. I can practically guarantee they won't. Unless they're "internet people" But I'd have to say somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 99.5% of people in the United States have zero idea of who she is. And if they did know who she was, there's probably a pretty good chance they'd actually like her less than Charles Manson.