Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Jack Black is Back


 Jack Black is experiencing some sort of weird renaissance, and I'm not really sure why. It's entirely possible that he's been at the top of the Hollywood heap since the 90s - the last time I really had any awareness of his annoying schtick, sort of a Will Ferrell Jr., - but I'm usually two or three times removed from these things, so who knows. 

 We - Jack Black and I - seem to come mostly from the "same place". in fact he seems like any one of a dozen guys I'd hang out with and have a pretty good time but I don't know... I don't think it's him that annoys me as much as his fans do. Sort of a "I''m getting this inside joke" crowd? Does that make any sense?  I wish I was more articulate and could explain this. But just like Lenny Kravitz he makes an appearance every few years and then vanishes again into the ether and I can pass on either one.