Thursday, November 2, 2023

Doja Cat is Here Today


 Doja Cat wore these clothes and evidentially it's big news. I don't know if the clothes are see through or if that's an optical illusion or what, and honestly I don't care. I'm finding more, and more every day most of these celebrity types drift further and further away from the dividing line where I know or care who they are or what they do. Doja Cat wore see through clothes and "sexy" boots? Yeah? And so? Why should I care? Why do you?

Lather, rinse, repeat. Here today, gone later today. Who will it be next year? Two years from now? Will you even remember Doja Cat's name in the year 2030? Maybe. Do you remember the "It" girl/actor/band/song/ movie from five years ago? Two years ago? I don't. 

Remember the band "Fun"? They were absolutely everywhere in 2013/14. You couldn't get away from them and in fact they won Grammys in six categories ranging from Best New Artist to Best New Record. And now? Do you remember the names of anyone in the group? Or even the name of any of their songs? How about just the song that got played every 12 minutes on just about every pop music radio station (Spotify didn't exist all those years ago. At least as we know it now).  And that was just a decade ago, everyone reading this right now will have a memory from 10 years ago. Remember them? I bet you don't.

I've been talking about pulling the plug on this hobby, maybe it's time but I don't know. Maybe after I find out what Meghan and Harry are up too.