Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Barbra Streisand Goes to War With Melissa McCarthy


 Barbra Streisand said something mean to Melissa McCarthy about her weight because in case you hadn't noticed, Melissa McCarthy is fat. She's also unfunny and annoying and was in legitimately one of the worst movies I've ever seen called The Heat.  And it pains me to say that because Sandra Bullock is in it too, and Sandra Bullock in Demolition Man in stretch pants changed my life. I wouldn't grab low hanging fruit about someone's weight myself, but Melissa doesn't grab fruit - low or otherwise -  either apparently. 

And I'm not usually one to defend Barbra Streisand but she is 82 years old, and like my own mother I will say I've noticed that Boomer types will post stuff on social media as if they're really talking to you. That was probably a genuine question from her to Melissa. They know very little if any social media etiquette. For instance you or I would have sent Melissa a private message asking that question (if we wanted to know and felt comfortable enough to ask) but an 82 year old just blurts it out in the replies for everyone too see because they don't really know or understand how that stuff works or that potentially millions of people will also see it. 

So take my explanation for what it's worth I'm done with this. I've spent way to much time writing about people I don't like that aren't even hot.