Friday, January 26, 2024

Diane Lane Sees Red


 Red seems to be making a comeback. Wearing all red like that seems like a mistake as little children might mistake you for Santa Claus. That's Diane Lane by the way. Wearing ALL red plus sunglasses at night for some reason. 

You may remember Diane Lane from movies such as "The Fabulous Stains" and... oh wait ... she was in "The Outsiders"? AND "Rumble Fish"?? Shit that's right I forgot all about those movies. 

When I was a kid, I was a "troubled" student (big surprise to you I'm sure), and I would spend my afternoons in detention where I read ALL of the SE Hinton books one hour at a time. I don't know if they were aimed specifically at kids like me but somehow I found them. I guess they were sort of the Harry Potters of their day? Kind of? But less nerdy, and with a lot fewer magic wands or whatever the fuck. Maybe S.E. Hinton books are why kids like me grew up to be cool, and Harry Potter books are why you didn't.