Saturday, October 15, 2022

I Can Quit Dua Lipa


 I'm not writing about Dua Lipa anymore, I don't care how naked she is. If you're under... say the age of  25, you need to know she's very boring and incredibly average. I'm sure this comes as quite a shock to you. Do you know how many hot girls there are that can sing songs that are written by someone else? A lot. Like a real lot. It's most likely her willingness to (usually) walk around mostly naked, at least from what I've seen, that puts her over the top. Whatever that's cool. If that's what you're looking for then by all means, don't let me stop you, but know this, this schtick has been done a thousand times before. 

I've been seeing Dua Lipas, and Lizzos, and Beyonces going back several decades. The only thing that ever changes is the audience. Back in the 90s there was Jewel, that one woman with the glasses, plus at least a couple of others, I can't even remember their names anymore and they all got the same treatment then.

 I can't even remember the last batch of Grrrrl Power singers that were around as recently as the early-ish 2000s. Katy Perry? That "Call Me Maybe" woman? She now sings a nostalgia anthem in TV commercials. That song is just barely 10 years old and there was a time you couldn't go almost literally anywhere without hearing it. I saw that with my own eyes. And I've already long since forgotten her name. Maybe I'm being unfair, maybe I'm 100% wrong, all of that is possible, but at some point you have to move on. Be a trailblazer.