Thursday, July 29, 2021

Bruce Springsteen Dumps an Idea


 Bruce Springsteen declined the offer of having a New Jersey rest area named after him. I'm not really sure why since his music is shit so it seemed kind of fitting, but I scanned the article really quick looking for quotes and I didn't see anything worth copying > pasting > quote texting > italicizing, so I have no idea why he declined. Bon Jovi agreed to it and his music is even worse. 

Bruce Springsteen may very well be the nicest guy in the universe, but his fans, like the serious fans, are always such pretentious assholes, why is that? Him and The Beatles. At least Beatles fans can seem okay sometimes, they're usually harmless enough, unless you get a real burned out Boomer hippie that still thinks it's 1968.  Then you start running into problems and you have to hear about communism or whatever they think makes them sound smart. But Bruce Springsteen gets this weird, "people pretending to be the intellectual class liking a guy that's pretending to be working class" at least that's how I see it. Every Bruce Springsteen fan has a Jewfro. There. I said it.