Friday, March 6, 2020

Natalie Maines is a Hero

People are interviewing Natalie Maines again. I wish they wouldn't, but this is the world we live in now. It's big BIG news that the Dixie Chicks have a new album coming out and I'm sure in this day and age she's going to be turned into some kind of  LIONESS TRUTH TELLER by people that were still in diapers when she opened her big fat mouth and basically nuked  her band and entire career.  I don't even know if they're still going to be considered a country act anymore. "Country" music today is barely country or at least country music as most people recognize it.

 As it is, some record company puts some Instagram model in cowboy boots, has some guy from New York write a couple of songs about pick up trucks and corn fields and viola. So my guess is it will be very, very borderline country and will most likely nose dive straight into the has-been, retro nostalgia act toilet. But who can tell, this may be the greatest country album since Johnny Cash played Folsom Prison. Me? I don't really care either way to be honest, just like I imagine most of the country that has long ago moved on.