Monday, August 23, 2021

Rebel Wilson Did Good


 Rebel Wilson lost 60 pounds. Good. She should. She doesn't even look like the same person. I wouldn't know that was her if you didn't tell me. Losing 60 pounds is hard work and she deserves all the credit in the world, because despite what some lunatics on the internet want you to believe, being obese isn't good, it isn't sexy or curvy, and it isn't empowering. Looking like a Weddell Seal doesn't make you a Queen. It makes you a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen.

I'm not talking about vanity weight where your 32 waist jeans don't fit and now you need a 34. I'm talking about the kind of being obese where you're sweating while you eat. The kind of fat where you need a mobility scooter to get around. The 300,000 people a year that die with obesity being the leading cause because you can't stop stuffing your face is a close second when it comes to the 480,000 people a year that die directly from smoking. But if you want to continue being a whale instead of being sexy like me and Rebel Wilson, I'm sure we can rent a forklift to drive your coffin to the cemetery.