Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Alessandra Ambrosio is Daring


 Alessandra Ambrosio debuted her new swimwear line "Annabelle's of Auschwitz" to rave reviews. You know, I'm sure she's very nice and I also know she's probably very wealthy by this time, but she'll be 40 in a few months, is this what you want to do with the last half (at most) of your life? Stand around by pools and have your picture taken? Stand around alone in a park and have your picture taken? Have your picture taken pretending to decorate a Christmas tree? Isn't this all ridiculous? You don't have to change completely, but shouldn't you at least evolve a little? 

To be fair, I don't spend my afternoons following up on Alessandra Ambrosio's life, so she might spend her off time rescuing abused horses, or maybe she works with poor kids from Central America that were born with cleft palates, but do either of those things seem likely to you? I don't know man, maybe I'm just sick of "celebrity culture" and all of the bullshit that goes along with it. I've spent the better part of at least the last 15 years writing about these people on various websites and nothing ever changes. 

There's a cycle to all of this. Every 10 or 15 years someone new becomes cognizant of life outside the nursery and discovers Alessandra Ambrosio. It's kind of like a 13 year old finding his grandparent's Led Zeppelin albums. You're bored with it after 30 or whatever years, but to them it's groundbreaking, and you have to hear it all over again. So sure you've seen her a million times, and she's just some Victoria's Secret model in a bikini that you mostly ignore, but to some senior in high school, she's a hot "new" (I guess)  model. So it all starts again. By the way, I say "her" but you can replace Alessandra with anyone else you want, pick a famous person. And "they" know it. They know how this works. So they milk it, and I guess I can't blame them for that. I don't know I've been talking a long time about finding something else to occupy my time, and it's not like I get paid for this, so maybe I should start getting serious about that.